Bivvy Pet Insurance Review 2021
- Financial Strength A
- BBB Rating Not accredited yet
- Coverages Offers one coverage option for pets
- Flexibility It offers customizable plans
- Discounts Does not currently offer any discounts or special features
- User Ratings TrustPilot rating 4.7
- Availability Available in the following states: AZ, CT, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MD, MI, NC, OR, TX, VA, WI
- Pricing Very affordable
- Support Phone, email, online
If you are looking for Bivvy pet insurance reviews, then you have come to the right place. This review highlights all you need to know about Bivvy pet insurance, along with its products and terms and conditions. Bivvy pet insurance is provided by CUMIS Insurance Society Inc., an insurance provider with a history of over 55 years.
Furthermore, it is also part of a financially strong insurance group serving its clients with affordable and high-quality insurance products for the past 80 years. While Bivvy is a relatively new kid in town, a large part of its popularity is its unique approach to providing pet insurance.
Bivvy is known to provide some of the best pet insurance plans available in the market. Furthermore, it offers customizable plans to ensure your pet gets the best insurance coverage possible.
Bivvy pet insurance has consistently ranked higher than its competitors in many areas, such as customer service, quick processing times, and easy claim processing. They also offer excellent after sales services, for which there is a Bivvy pet insurance phone number you can call to find out any information you need.
How We Reviewed?
We aim to provide a precise overview of insurance providers, by including most of the information regarding pet insurance rates and coverage options, along with what’s allowed and what isn’t under their insurance plans. So, how do we find this information? We closely analyze the insurance provider’s website to determine the insurance packages and various other features that make their services unique.
Other features we look for when reviewing an insurance provider are reimbursement percentages, types of incidents, and bills covered, restrictions, pricing, discounts, claim processing time, and customer support.
Where is it Available?
Bivvy is a new breed of pet insurance providers that, unlike other insurers, does not offer a bevy of products and options but rather offers a single pet insurance plan covering pets, such as cats and dogs. Another great feature of Bivvy pet insurance is that there aren’t any restrictions on the pet’s breed or age to qualify them for coverage, which is not offered by other pet insurance providers. On the downside, Bivvy pet insurance is not available in all 50 US states, including California.
Pet Insurance Review
Bivvy pet insurance only offers one insurance plan per pet. If you have multiple pets, you will need to get individual pet insurance for each of your pets. The best part is that there are none of the common restrictions that pet owners have to deal with when getting pet insurance for their pets. If you are unable to find out your pet’s breed, then there’s no problem; all you have to do is choose the mixed breed option, which corresponds to your pet’s weight. Those pet owners who have cats don’t have to choose a breed option. Furthermore, those looking for pet insurance coverage do not require a vet exam for their pets to quality for the Bivvy pet insurance package, which is one of the main selling points of the insurance provider.
What’s Covered and Not Covered?
As mentioned, Bivvy pet insurance only offers one coverage option for pets, whether you have a cat or a dog, but the insurance provider covers many areas, which goes beyond the normal accident-only pet insurance. Like most top-shelf pet insurance providers, getting the Bivvy pet insurance policy for your pet will cover the following areas:
- X Rays and Ultrasounds
- Prescription Medications
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Hereditary Conditions
- Emergency Care
- Diagnostic Treatment
- Congenital Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Blood Tests
The standout feature of Bivvy pet insurance is that it offers pet owners additional coverage for specialized treatment for the following:
- Congenital conditions
- Hereditary conditions
- Chronic conditions
- Endodontic treatment and
As with many other pet insurance policies, the Bivvy pet insurance coverage stops before pre-existing conditions or those conditions that occur during the waiting period just before the Bivvy insurance plan starts. Other areas not included are preventive or routine checkups, such as vaccinations or checkups, cosmetic procedures, breeding, or pregnancy. The Bivvy pet insurance coverage also does not cover grooming and pet care products and natural supplements or foods.
Bivvy Pet Insurance Pricing
At just $15, the Bivvy pet insurance plan is one of the lowest options you will find when searching for pet insurance plans. The best part is that Bivvy pet insurance comes in just a single plan regardless of your pet’s age, gender, or breed. Your pet is protected under the same $15 per month premium.
This low-cost pet insurance is what makes Bivvy the number one choice for many pet owners who want to avoid the hassle of finding the right pet insurance policy. You can rest assured that you will get the same Bivvy pet insurance quote regardless of the age, size, gender, or breed of your pet, which makes the Bivvy pet insurance plan one of the best options available on the market today.
$2,000 is the limit that resets each policy year. Bivvy pays over the lifetime of a pet a limit that’s capped at $25,000. The Bivvy pet insurance plan comes with a $100 deductible per approved claim. This is the amount you pay before Bivvy does. With the Bivvy pet insurance, your coinsurance is 50%, and the reimbursement is also 50%.
Bivvy does have a 14-day waiting period for accidents and a 30-day waiting period for any illness. There is a waiting period of 180 days for orthopedic conditions unless the injury resulted from trauma. Currently, the Bivvy pet insurance plan comes with one reimbursement option of 80%. You can visit their official website to find out more about the total Bivvy pet insurance cost.
Bivvy Pet insurance Discounts and Features
The Bivvy pet insurance policy does not currently offer any discounts or special features. However, there are no additional costs for pet insurance, depending on your pet’s breed, age, weight, etc. Bivvy pet insurance does not offer any referral discounts at the moment and does not have a dedicated app. Claims processing has been made extremely efficient and fast, so you don’t have to wait long once you’ve filed for a claim.
Easy of Buying
To get Bivvy pet insurance for your pet, you can visit their official website and go through the simple process to get the coverage your pet needs. The process is extremely efficient and fast.
Another major selling point is the simple and easy Bivvy pet insurance claim process. It doesn’t take long to make a claim. All you have to do is fill out the claim form on the website, attach an itemized invoice from the veterinary provider, and submit your claim. You can log in to your user account and send a claim to [email protected].
The claim process takes only a matter of minutes once you have provided the necessary information. While there isn’t any limit to how many claims you can submit, Bivvy only covers expenses up to $2,000 per policy year, so once you hit that limit, Bivvy pet insurance will no longer provide coverage.
Customer Satisfaction and Financial Strength Review
The insurance provider comes with a positive Bivvy pet insurance AM Best rating, which is a testament to the insurance provider’s high quality. They are rated A on AM best but Bivvy pet insurance BBB rating is still not accredited.
Bivvy pet insurance customer satisfaction is at an all-time high, with the insurance provider enjoying positive reviews for its excellent customer service.
Bivvy pet insurance customer service is amongst the best in the business. Bivvy pet insurance provides clear contact information to its clients, making it easy for them to get the information they need and make claims. The Bivvy pet insurance customer service number is 855-434-3744. Customers can also contact Bivvy via email or fill out the online form. Currently, there is no online chat option available.
Comparison with Competitors
- Bivvy Pet Insurance vs. Healthy Paws Pet Insurance – Healthy Paws is one name that comes to mind when looking for pet insurance. The insurance provider offers many pet insurance options but has many restrictions that limit the amount of coverage possible. On the flipside, the lack of restrictions with Bivvy pet insurance makes it a great choice for pet owners looking for the right pet insurance policy for their pet.
- Bivvy Pet Insurance vs. Embrace Pet Insurance – Embrace Pet Insurance is another high-end pet coverage provider offering many options for pet insurance policies, which can be confusing. On the other hand, Bivvy pet insurance offers a one-size-fits-all option when getting pet insurance for your pets.
- Bivvy Pet Insurance vs. Aspca Pet Insurance – Aspca Pet Insurance offers insurance policies for pets but comes with many limitations on your pet’s age, weight, and breed. On the other hand, Bivvy Pet Insurance offers you complete pet insurance coverage for your pet, regardless of its age, breed, sex, or weight.
- Bivvy Pet Insurance vs. Nationwide Pet Insurance – Nationwide Pet Insurance is considered to be one of the best providers of pet insurance, but Bivvy pet insurance has the advantage of its simple pet insurance plan and fast claim processing, giving it a significant advantage.
Pros & Cons
- One plan for all pets – Bivvy pet insurance offers an efficient one-plan-fits-all for your pets. This is a great option for all those pet owners who do not want to go through the hassle of choosing pet insurance policies from a pet insurance provider.
- Affordable $10 per month premium – Bivvy pet insurance only costs $10 per month, covering almost all areas of pet insurance regardless of your pet’s age, breed, or gender.
- No upper age limit for coverage enrollment – One of the benefits of Bivvy pet insurance is that there is no upper age limitation for getting coverage for your pet.
- Covers orthodontic treatment for dogs – Since many dog breeds suffer from orthodontic conditions due to age, Bivvy pet insurance is a great option for older pet dogs.
- Limited benefit level – $1,000 per year – The limited benefit level of Bivvy pet insurance is capped at just $1,000 per year.
- Only one reimbursement choice – 80% - A downside is that customers only get a single reimbursement option.
Bivvy Pet Insurance is a great choice for pet owners who do not want to go through the long process of searching and selecting hassle of the right insurance plan for their pets. According to numerous Bivvy Pet insurance reviews, although Bivvy is relatively new on the market, they are enjoying really positive reputation. Their philosophy is that one size indeed fits all – see if this indeed fits your needs.
Does insurance cover allergies?
Does insurance cover medications?
How to cancel pet insurance?
To cancel your Bivvy pet insurance policy, log in to your pet parent portal and click on ‘cancel policy’ located at the bottom of the dashboard.
Is Bivvy pet insurance legitimate?
Yes. Bivvy pet insurance is a legitimate pet insurance provider.