Esurance Motorcycle Insurance 2021
- Financial Strength A+
- BBB Rating A+
- Coverages 5/5
- Flexibility Customizable policies
- Discounts Attractive discounts
- User Ratings Trustpilot 3.3 stars
- Support Phone, website, mobile app
- Availability 15 states
- Pricing Affordable
Esurance is a subsidiary of Allstate, one of the leading insurance providers in the country. One of the most common questions that people ask is, “Does Esurance have motorcycle insurance?” Fortunately, it does.
Esurance motorcycle insurance offers clients various types of coverage in the event of an accident or other cause of damage. In addition, the company sells insurance for multiple motorcycle types, covering classic and custom bikes.
In this Esurance motorcycle insurance review, we will discuss the following:
- The types of coverage offered by the company
- The discounts and add-ons provided by Esurance
- Esurance motorcycle insurance rates
- Availability of Esurance motorcycle insurance in different states
- Application and claims process
- Customer service and financial strength
- Pros and cons
About the Company
Esurance is an Allstate company that provides various policies for homeowners, renters, car owners, motorcycle owners, and more. The company was one of the first ones to offer auto insurance online.
In addition, it provides a highly-rated mobile app that offers helpful functionalities when it comes to making a claim. Rather than working with an agent to get a quote, you can buy a policy completely online. By selling directly to the customers, the company reduces its costs and passes those savings to its clients.
Esurance motorcycle insurance policies are a good option for riders who already have another insurance policy with Esurance, need a basic motorcycle coverage option, or look for an affordable way to insure their bike.
Esurance Motorcycle Insurance Policy Types
The Esurance motorcycle insurance program offers a variety of insurance options that can suit the needs of every motorcycle driver. You can go for a bare-bones policy that meets your state’s requirement or opt for a comprehensive policy that includes additional coverage.
Below are some of the coverages provided by Esurance motorcycle insurance.
With a collision coverage policy, you can get compensation for damages in case your motorcycle is involved in an accident with another vehicle or object.
This policy can help you get compensation if your motorcycle is damaged because of factors beyond collision, including hurricanes, floods, and vandalism.
Liability coverage keeps you protected in case you have an accident with another driver, and you are at fault. This type of coverage has two parts:
Bodily Injury Liability Insurance: This coverage provides compensation for the other party’s damages. It includes lost wages and medical expenses.
Property Damage Liability Insurance: If you damage the other party’s property in a motorcycle accident, this insurance can cover the costs of the other party’s property repair or replacement. The property refers to the vehicle, building, fencing, and other objects.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
The uninsured motorist policy offers protection if you are involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance or lacks sufficient insurance to cover the damages. In addition, this insurance provides coverage if the driver hits and runs.
Medical Payments Coverage
This coverage helps pay for medical bills related to an accident, even if you don’t have health insurance. It provides compensation no matter who is at fault.
If the cost of treating the injuries exceeds the coverage amount, your health insurance will kick in. If you don’t own health insurance, you may have to pay out of pocket or hold the at-fault party liable for the balance. In addition, most policies will also cover funeral expenses.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
This policy is also known as “no-fault” coverage. It’s a type of insurance that helps pay for your medical expenses in case of an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
It provides coverage before your health insurance kicks in. In some cases, PIP may also cover lost wages, funeral costs, and substitute services. The difference between Medical Payments and PIP is that the former offers less coverage.
What Types of Motorcycles Does Esurance Cover?
The good thing about Esurance motorcycle policies is that they offer coverage for all sorts of motorcycles, including:
- Off-road or dual-purpose bikes
- Street-sport bikes
- Motocross bikes
- Performance bikes
- Touring bikes
- Classic/vintage bikes
- Custom bikes
Esurance Discounts List
Esurance motorcycle insurance offers you plenty of opportunities to save on your premium. Let’s discuss the most popular ones:
Policyholders can get exclusive discounts if they are members of any Esurance-approved motorcycle organization, such as the Harley Owners Group.
By installing a recovery device or system on your motorcycle that protects it against theft, you become eligible for a discount on your premium.
Multi-Vehicle Discount Insure your bike, scooter, moped, ATV, or any other type of bike on the same policy to avail of this discount.
Bundle your car and motorcycle insurance to benefit from a multi-policy discount with Esurance motorcycle insurance.
If you haven’t had an accident or moving violation for two years, you will be charged a reduced premium as a reward for defensive driving.
Take an approved bike safety course to enjoy this discount.
Bikes that have common safety features like an anti-lock braking system will be able to get discounts.
Pay your annual premium in one go when it’s due to avail of the discount.
Switch & Save
Switch from another motorcycle insurance provider to Esurance motorcycle insurance and save up to 15%.
You may be eligible for savings if you own a home.
Esurance Customer Service
There are two ways to reach Esurance customer service.
Esurance Customer Service Phone Number: The customer service phone number is 800-378-7262. Calls are attended between the service hours of 6 am and 12 am CT, seven days a week.
Esurance Customer Service Email: In case you’d like to leave feedback about the company’s products, website, or services, you can email them at [email protected]. Esurance claims its customer service team answers all the emails within 24 hours.
However, according to customer reviews, many customers are not satisfied with customer care and complain about unreturned calls and emails and delayed reimbursements.
Esurance Claims Support
Esurance makes it very easy to file a claim for a motorcycle accident. Some of the ways you can make a claim are given below:
Esurance Website: Visit the Esurance motorcycle claim page and sign in to your policy. Submit the claim online through the portal.
Esurance Claims Phone Number: Contact a customer service representative by calling 1-800-378-7262.
Esurance Mobile App: Log in to the mobile app account and submit your claim, along with evidence like photos, so that the team can make an estimate of the damages.
You need to submit the following information when filing a crash claim:
- Names, numbers, and insurance information of every person involved in the accident
- The license plate of your motorcycle and the other vehicle
- Photos of the damage
- Date, time, location, and weather conditions
- A copy of the accident report
According to Esurance motorcycle insurance reviews, submitting the claim is easy and fast. However, many people complained about the delay in their claims process. Consider this concern when choosing Esurance as your motorcycle insurer.
Esurance Benefits and Add-Ons
Apart from the major types of motorcycle insurance policies, Esurance also offers a variety of helpful add-ons:
Total Loss Coverage
If your bike gets totaled in an accident, you will be paid the fair market value of your bike.
Optional Equipment Coverage
This policy offers up to $30,000 worth of coverage for added accessories and equipment for your bike. This coverage applies to motorcycles less than 25 years old. It also factors in depreciation when calculating the compensation amount.
Towing and Labor Coverage
This add-on coverage is helpful if your bike breaks down on the road. It can pay towing and labor costs, including bike retrieval, lost keys, and dead battery.
Trip Interruption Coverage
This add-on offers compensation if your bike breaks down during a road trip. It can pay up to $500 per incident: $100 for lodging per day, $50 for transport per day, and $50 for food per day.
The Esurance app allows you to conveniently and efficiently manage your insurance account. Submitting a claim has never been easier! Plus, with the DriveSense app, you can track your driving habits and get a discount.
What Info Do I Need to Apply for Esurance?
If you are interested in getting Esurance motorcycle insurance, you have the option of either applying online or through the phone number. Some key information that you will need to add include:
- Your personal details like your name, phone number, and address
- Your birthday, gender, and marital status
- Education level
- Your driver or motorcycle license
- The year, make, model, and condition of your motorcycle
- Annual mileage
- Your driving history
- Financial information
How Do I Get a Quote for Insurance for a Motorcycle on Esurance online?
- Go to the Esurance motorcycle insurance page.
- Enter your postal code and press the “Get a Quote” button.
- Fill out your personal information as well as the details of the motorcycle and your previous insurer’s information.
- Choose the policy and enter the payment details. Accept a quote and finalize the policy through Esurance online payment.
Availability of Esurance Motorcycle Insurance
Esurance motorcycle insurance is available only in limited states. The list includes:
You should also keep in mind that Esurance doesn’t provide all coverage options in the above-listed states. This makes it even more challenging to secure bike insurance before you can ride a motorcycle.
Esurance Motorcycle Insurance Rates
How much does motorcycle insurance cost?
Esurance motorcycle insurance is relatively lower priced than its competitors. Typically, it costs around $400 per year. Regarding the motorcycle insurance costs of other insurance groups, Progressive costs $970 per year, Nationwide costs approx. $700 per year, and Farmers insurance costs about $600 annually.
Clients who pay monthly will be charged an installment. If the policy is canceled during the term, you will be charged a cancellation fee that is about 10% of the remaining premium balance or a flat fee between $30 and $50.
Pros & Cons
- Esurance Online Services: Esurance is popular among clients because of its online services. The company offers a user-friendly mobile app, simple online account management and claims process, and customized online quotes and payments.
- 24/7 Claims: You can contact the Esurance customer service team if you’d like to report your claim. Their representatives are available 24/7. Alternatively, you can submit your claim via the online portal or Esurance app. You can also get damage estimates by sending photos of the accident and tracking your repairs online.
- Variety of Coverage: Esurance offers a large variety of coverage for all sorts of motorcycles. Customers can opt for basic or comprehensive coverage. The policies are flexible and can be customized with various add-ons.
- Multiple Discounts: Esurance offers many opportunities for clients to save on their premiums. Some discounts are bike-specific. Others can be received by bundling insurance policies, making full payment beforehand, and exercising road safety.
- Backed by Allstate: Allstate is the underwriter and parent company of Esurance and is known for its strong financial stability.
- Online Based: Since it's an online-based company, some not tech-savvy people may have an issue using its online portal or mobile app. However, clients can call Esurance customer service via phone for both insurance application and claims submission.
- No Local Agents: Since all the services are handled online or over the phone, there is no way you can meet the agent in person.
- Limited Availability: Esurance only covers a limited number of states. Even in the covered states, the company doesn’t provide all of its insurance policies and services.
- Lower-than-Average Customer Satisfaction: Many customers are not satisfied with Esurance customer service, complaining about their claims being delayed or left unresolved.
- Cancelation Fee: The company charges a cancellation fee, which is about 10% of the remaining premium balance, or a flat fee between $30 and $50.
Like all insurance companies, Esurance motorcycle insurance comes with its share of benefits and drawbacks. According to esurance motorcycle insurance reviews, it is a great option. It is a very comprehensive and affordable option. The only serious downsides are state availability and lower than average customer satisfaction.
How long does it take to settle an accident claim with Esurance?
Esurance claims that most clients receive a settlement for car damage in 10 days or less.
What do customer reviews say about Esurance Motorcycle Insurance?
Customers on Consumer Affairs have rated Esurance motorcycle insurance 3.9 out of 5 stars. In addition, the company has an A- rating on Better Business Bureau. It has also received A+ from A.M. Best, which proves its solid financial stability.
However, many customers are not satisfied with customer service and complain about unreturned calls and emails and delayed reimbursements.
Will I still be covered for my totaled motorcycle even if I don’t have total loss coverage?
Even if you don’t have total loss coverage, you can still get collision and comprehensive coverage, which can help you replace your bike.
Will Esurance motorcycle insurance cover hurricane damage?
If you get comprehensive coverage, you may be able to claim compensation beyond road accidents, including coverage for hurricane and flood damage as well as vandalism.