USAA Pet Insurance Review 2021
- Financial Strength A++
- BBB Rating A+
- Coverages 5/5
- Discounts 5/5
- Support Phone, email, website
- User Ratings Trustpilot Rating: 3.7
- Pricing Affordable
- Availability USAA Pet Insurance offers coverage through the US.
USAA is a well-known name in the world of insurance. They have a proven track record when it comes to home and car insurance – but what about pet insurance? According to numerous USAA Pet Insurance Reviews online, this insurance provider offers a lot of unique coverages, attractive discounts, and more. To help you understand their offer better, we analyzed their reviews, compared them with competitors, and explored all coverages in detail.
Intro – About USAA Pet Insurance
The USAA Pet Insurance company offers pet owners the chance to ensure their pet is always protected and supported. The USAA company is a leading insurance provider offering different types of insurances, including pet insurance. USAA Pet Insurance reviews show that they have helped thousands of pet owners keep up with their pets’ medical bills. You can find more about them by calling the USAA Insurance phone number 210-531-USAA (8722).
How We Reviewed
Our USAA Pet Insurance review method is designed to make sure that you know everything you need to decide about buying the policy. Here is our method of reviewing:
We analyzed USAA’s pet insurance website looking out for different coverage services and features. We looked over:
- Types of bills and incidents that are covered or not covered
- Restrictions involved
- Reimbursement percentages
- Pricing and discounts
We studied the reviews to gauge the USAA insurance rating from user review websites
We compared USAA Pet Insurance to the competition
We analyzed their customer support services and how they process claims
Where Is It Available
USAA Pet Insurance offers coverage through the US. You get special coverage if you are on active duty in the military and stationed abroad. With 12.8 million users and 34,000 employees working worldwide, you can be assured that you will get great service. The headquarters of the company is in San Antonio.
Pet Insurance Review
Types of Coverage
USAA Pet Insurance offers a comprehensive plan for coverage. You can choose through many reimbursement and deductible options according to your needs. You may get 90% of your costs back after visiting any vet in the country or wherever else USAA Pet Insurance is available. USAA Pet Insurance coverage is primarily for cats and dogs, with no other pets accounted for. USAA dog breed restrictions do not exist, so you can sign up with any breed!
What’s Covered and Not Covered
What does USAA Pet Insurance cover? Well, they have a comprehensive plan that can keep your pets safe and healthy. Here is everything that is covered under the plan:
- Breed-specific conditions
- Pet emergency room and other emergency veterinary care
- Specialist care
- Pet cancer treatment
- Vet exam fee, hospitalization, and nursing care
- Financial assistance for pet surgery
- Pet chronic conditions
- Alternative therapies and pet rehabilitation, such as holistic pet medicine
- Congenital conditions
- Pet prescription drug coverage
- Diagnostic testing and imaging
- Pet behavioral therapy
There are some exclusions in their policy plan, like with most insurance companies. They don’t offer coverage for:
- USAA Pet Insurance pre-existing conditions
- Breeding, pregnancy, and whelping
- Deliberate injury caused by you or other persons or pets residing in the home
- Injury or illness resulting from racing, cruelty, fighting, or neglect
- Cosmetic procedures, such as ear cropping, tail docking, and dewclaw removal, unless they are deemed medically necessary
- Cloning or DNA testing
- Stem cell therapy that has not been deemed medically necessary
USAA Pet Insurance waiting period exists to prevent fraud. All waiting periods for procedures start when your policy comes into effect. The following conditions have waiting periods:
- Illnesses: 14 days
- Accidents: 14 days or 48 hours, depending on which state you live in
- Orthopedic conditions: 6 months (Only for dogs. You can also get the waiting period shortened by taking an orthopedic exam and signing up for the waiver process)
USAA Pet Insurance Pricing
The USAA Pet Insurance rates for the basic plan can cost as low as $16 a month for dogs and $9 a month for cats. The cost is dependent on the reimbursement and deductible options you select. You may be able to reduce your cost further if you get one of the many discounts offered by the company. How much is USAA Pet Insurance pay? Unlike some pet companies, they don’t have unlimited coverage, so you should keep that in mind when you make your decision.
USAA Pet Insurance Discounts and Features
If you are a member of the USAA, you can take advantage of the 15% discount for full pet coverage. You can even get an additional 5% discount for the following:
- Military Discount For Pet Insurance
- Discount Pet On Spaying/Neutering
- Multiple-Pet Discount
- Predictive Testing
- Paying The Annual Premium In Full
That’s right; if you are eligible for all the five factors above, you can get an additional 25% discount plus the 15% for being a member of the USAA. This makes this policy one of the cheapest ones in the market.
Customer Satisfaction and Financial Strength Review
USAA definitely has a great reputation in the market. USAA Insurance reviews on BBB are actively responded to despite not be accredited by the Better Business Bureau. All USAA insurance complaints on the website have been addressed promptly with ready solutions to ease the customers. The USAA insurance rating AM best is A++ and is known for its financial strength with millions of users signed up for their different insurance plans.
Here are some reviews and ratings:
- BBB Rating: A+
- Investopedia: 4 out of 5 stars
- Trustpilot Rating: 3.7 stars out of 5
- Consumer Affairs Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars
Ease of Buying
The purchasing process is quite straightforward. You can make an account on the website, log in, find a financial representative, and they will guide you through the process. You should know that USAA Pet Insurance does not have any third-party affiliates or sellers, so make sure not to buy the insurance from anywhere but through the company.
To file for a USAA insurance claim, you need to log into your online account and then select the option for the claim at the top of the screen. You have fill out the USAA Pet Insurance claim form with all the required details . After submitting, a representative will contact you and give you a USAA insurance claim number. You can use that to keep track of the USAA insurance claim status.
The USAA insurance claim payout is based on the reimbursement methods. You visit the vet and payout of your pocket. Then you login to your account to submit your claim, and the company pays you back for your visit to any vet, emergency hospital, or specialist of your choosing. The average turnaround time for claims is five days.
You can reach out to customer representatives through the phone, chat with a virtual agent on their website, or send a message after logging into your online account. Our USAA Pet Insurance review found their customer service team to be quite responsive. All review websites have positive reviews of their quick response times and active solutions to any complaints by customers.
USAA insurance customer service team can help you with many functions to ensure you get the most out of your policy plan. They can help you with online billing, filling claims, filling forms, changing coverage options, and much more. All representatives are quite patient and courteous, according to many user reviews.
The USSA insurance customer service number is 800-531-USAA (8722) and 210-531-USAA (8722). Feel free to call them up at any time.
Comparison with Competitors
Here are some quick comparisons with USAA biggest competitors:
- Usaa Pet Insurance vs Healthy Paws: Healthy Paws does not have coverage for vet exam fees while USAA does.
- Usaa Pet Insurance vs Figo Pet Insurance: Figo does not cover accidents, while USAA has a comprehensive plan for accident coverage even though it comes with a 14 day waiting period.
- Usaa Pet Insurance vs Aspca Pet Insurance: Both don’t have unlimited coverage, but Aspca is known for bad customer service, while USAA is renowned for its customer service team.
- Usaa Pet Insurance vs Nationwide Pet Insurance: Nationwide can be quite expensive while USAA Pet Insurance offers extensive discounts and packages
Pros & Cons
- You can go to any licensed vet, specialist, or emergency hospital
- Choose from accident and illness, accident-only, and wellness coverage
- Plenty of discount packages available
- Flexible policy for pre-existing conditions
- Only available to members of the USAA
- Doesn't offer unlimited coverage
USAA Pet Insurance can help you keep your pet healthy and safe from harm. According to USAA pet insurance reviews, this provider indeed offers decent coverage for your fur babies, complemented with affordable pricing. The only ”downside” is that you need to be a USAA member in order to enroll to buy pet insurance.
Does insurance cover allergies?
No, it does not.
Does insurance cover medications?
Yes, they do have a coverage plan for medications.
How to cancel pet insurance?
You can call customer service numbers or login to your online account to cancel the policy.
Are there any breed restrictions?
No, there are no breed restrictions.
Is cancer treatment covered?
Yes, if the cancer is diagnosed after the policy goes into effect.